2018 Lexus RX vs. 2018 Lexus RX-L near Bonita Springs, FL
The Lexus RX has long been one of the most popular models we sell at Germain Lexus of Naples. Now your favorite mid-sized SUV is available in a three-row variant for the first time ever. If you are ready to buy or lease a new luxury SUV but aren’t sure whether you want the traditional RX or should look at the new extended length RX L, our comparison provides all the vital information you need to know before coming to a decision. For more information on specific trims of the new RX and RX L, visit our trim overview page.
If you already have an idea of which of these two Lexus SUVs you plan to take home, head straight over to our new vehicle inventory. The 2018 Lexus RX starts at $43,270 MSRP, and the all-new 2018 Lexus RX L starts at $47,670 MSRP.
2018 Lexus RX vs. RX L: Similarities
- Performance– The RX and RX L are equipped with a 3.5L V6 engine and eight-speed automatic transmission, and offer FWD or AWD. Both can tow up to 3,500 lbs.
- Hybrid Powertrain– Either model is available with a hybrid powertrain rated at 308 total system horsepower and 30 MPG combined city/highway driving.
- Technology– The Navigation package, available on both sizes of RX, includes tech like a 12.3-in. navigation display, Remote Touch controls, an in-dash DVD/CD player, and more. Other features include an available Color Heads-Up display and standard voice command.
- Comfort– Features available on both RX and RX L models include standard multi-zone climate control, semi-aniline perforated leather-trimmed interior, a panoramic glass roof, and position memory for the driver’s seat, outside mirrors, and steering wheel.
2018 Lexus RX vs. RX L: Differences
- Dimensions– The Lexus RX L is 4.3-in. longer and about half an inch taller. It has 58 cu. ft. of total cargo space compared to 56 cu. ft. in the regular RX.
- Seating– The Lexus RX L can be equipped with either the 40/20/40-split second row bench found in the RX, or with second row captain’s seats. A 50/50-split power-folding third row bench is standard in the RX L. Only the RX is available with reclining second row seats.
- Performance– The 2018 RX 350 gets 295 HP and 23 MPG combined city/highway driving. The heavier RX 350L gets 290 HP and 22 MPG combined city/highway driving.
- F Sport– Only the Lexus RX is available with the F Sport package, which includes F Sport-exclusive exterior and interior styling, an F Sport-tuned adaptive variable suspension, sport-tuned power steering, a Sport S+ driving mode, and LFA-inspirited digital instrumentation.
Finance or Lease a New Lexus RX or RX L Near Bonita Springs, FL
Now that you have a better sense of what separates the new 2018 Lexus RX two-row from the all-new 2018 Lexus RX L three-row, you can make an informed decision on your choice of new luxury SUV. Our dealership is happy to help customers into a lease or loan so they can take home the family-sized luxury SUV they desire. If you would prefer to talk over your options with a specialist at our Lexus dealership near Bonita Springs, call (239) 221-0584.