2018 Lexus LS VS. 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Near Bonita Spring, FL
Are you interested in driving a gorgeous new luxury sedan around Bonita Springs, FL? Two of the most luxurious sedans on the market today are the Lexus LS and Mercedes-Benz S-Class, so which is more fun to drive, more comfortable to ride in, and stocked with more advanced technology? Our comparison covers the information that luxury vehicle shoppers need to know. If you have specific questions about the Lexus lineup, please call (239) 221-0584.
2018 Lexus LS vs. 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class: Engine Specs
Although the Lexus LS and Mercedes-Benz S-Class use a similarly sized engine, the Lexus model is far faster and more powerful than the Mercedes-Benz model. Unlike the S-Class, the LS is also available as a hybrid to improve fuel economy.
|2018 Lexus LS||Model||2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class|
|3.5L Twin-Turbo V6||Standard Engine||3.0L Twin-Turbo V6|
|416 HP||Horsepower||363 HP|
|442 lb.-ft.||Torque||369 lb.-ft.|
|19/30 MPG RWD; 18/27 MPG AWD||City/Hwy Fuel Economy||19/28 MPG RWD; 18/28 MPG AWD|
|4.6 sec.||0-60 MPH Acceleration||5.4 sec.|
|Hybrid||Also Available||4.0L Twin-Turbo V8, 6.0L Twin-Turbo V12|
2018 Lexus LS vs. 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class: Interior and Exterior
Comfort and class are the top priorities of any luxury brand. Both the Lexus LS and Mercedes-Benz S-Class have these in spades, evident in features like four-zone climate control and power-adjustable front and rear seats with a massage function. However, the Lexus LS has some unique features that make a longer lasting impression.
- The Lexus LS is available with hand-pleated interior door trim inspired by origami and made of a single piece of cloth.
- The Lexus LS is available with polished magnesium interior dash accents inspired by traditional Japanese harps.
- The Lexus LS’s available Kiriko hand-cut glass interior door trim and unique grille designed with more than 5,000 individual facets will catch and reflect light.
- Soft LED interior lighting inspired by traditional Japanese lanterns lights the cabin of the Lexus LS.
- The front seats of the LS can be adjusted 28 ways, and the rear seats can be adjusted 22 ways while also offering class-leading legroom and the optimal angle for comfort when reclined.
2018 Lexus LS vs. 2018 Mercedes-Benz S-Class: Technology
True luxury vehicles will offer advanced technology that you can’t find in just any vehicle. The Lexus LS and Mercedes-Benz S-Class are at the forefront of vehicle technology. Both include a 12.3-in. color multimedia display screen with a touchpad controller, for example. However, the technology in the Lexus LS is overall more impressive.
- The Lexus LS also has a rear touchscreen controller for everything from individual climate settings to seven different rear seat massage settings.
- Both have a Head-Up Display, but the 24-in. full-color version on the LS is better. It’s one of the largest offered in the world, and the first to incorporate pedestrian detection.
- LS F Sport models get LFA supercar-inspired digital instrumentation.
- Both models have a navigation system but the LS system receives continuous cloud-based updates for the most accurate directions.
- The new Lexus LS supports Wi-Fi for up to five devices.
- While the Mercedes-Benz S-Class has a Burmester® surround sound system, Lexus uses Mark Levinson®. The LS sound system has 23 speakers and is the most sophisticated 3D audio technology available in an automobile.
Finance or Lease a Luxury Sedan near Bonita Springs, FL
To experience the new Lexus LS in person, schedule a test drive at our Lexus dealership near Bonita Springs, FL. Our carefully curated selection of high end performance and luxury sedans is sure to be to your satisfaction. To learn what special finance and lease offers are currently available for the new Lexus LS, contact a finance specialist or browse through our new Lexus specials.